Position: Gaming Ecosystem Technical Manager
Worktype: Experienced Professional
Who we are
At Imagination, we love innovating. We spend our time creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core of your favorite electronic products, and we are expanding our IP portfolio to include RISC-V CPUs as part of our efforts to create the best Compute offering in the market. We have a no-compromise approach to making our technology as high performance and power-efficient as possible, all while being squeezed into the smallest space possible.
It’s this relentless drive to push the boundaries of what’s possible that has led to Imagination powering more than 10 billion of the world’s most iconic electronic devices, from smartphones to smart TVs, from drones to self-driving cars.
We need your skills to help us continue to deliver technology that will impress the industry and our customers alike, ensuring that people everywhere can enjoy smarter and faster tech than ever before.
Hybrid Working Model
Imagination Technologies operates a hybrid working model globally that allows our employees to split their time between attending the workplace and working remotely.
What you’ll be doing
The world is rapidly adopting new technology to enhance the mobile computing and gaming experience, to accelerate data center processing and even deliver fully autonomous vehicles. Imagination Technologies graphics processors, artificial intelligence accelerators and wireless technologies are used by leading OEMs and semiconductor vendors, shipping over 5 billion units to date.
Imagination Technologies wish to appoint a full-time Technical Expert working in China to evangelize our gaming related technologies and product line through technical activities with gaming ecosystem partners.
- Build a process for game compatibility / performance optimizations with game development studios
- Evangelize advanced graphics technology such as ray tracing and VRS
- Work closely with ecosystem developers to optimize their app especially game titles’ performance on our PowerVR architecture
- Work closely with ecosystem partners to support integrating PowerVR tools into partners tools and flows.
- Support key events with key ecosystem partners
- Identify trends / opportunities and relay those messages back to Product Management
- Work with Marcomms/PR to promote marketing materials for events / new technologies
Who you are
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world-class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Ability to travel about ¼ of the time
- A background in game development or graphics engine development, preferably mobile game development
- Strong technical skill set in Graphic rendering pipelines and tools
- Experience on Android/Linux App development
- Experience dealing with customers and/or partners
- Understanding of development team processes (such as Scrum & Agile)
- Fluency in both written Mandarin & English
- Ability to co-ordinate internal teams and resources to ensure strong planning and efficient execution of projects
- Presentation & interpersonal operability
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
You might also have:
- PowerVR experience
- Experience with benchmarking solutions
- Computer Science degree
Who do you want to be?
Do you dare to think big? Do you want to change the status quo and speak up when you see how there’s a better way of doing things? We listen, we’re supportive and we’re open to new ideas. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
We will value you
At Imagination, clear and shared values are important to us. They are the foundation on which everything else is built. We have five core values that underpin our culture and the way we work together, both as colleagues and as business partners. We believe in these values and are committed to putting them at the heart of everything we do.
Our values are:
For more information on what these values mean to us visit
Why not join us?
Contact Stella.Xu@imgtec.com to send in your CV.
Diversity and inclusion
Our headquarters are based in the UK, but we have a global outlook. We have office locations around the world to attract the most talented technical minds and to support key regional markets in the best way possible. Across our divisions, we employ specialists from over 40 nationalities who are passionate about their craft and the industry we’re in.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.