Position: Senior Sales Manager
Work type: Experienced Professional
Locations: Shanghai, China
Who we are
At Imagination, we love innovating. We spend our time creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core of your favourite electronic products, and we are expanding our IP portfolio to include RISC-V CPUs as part of our efforts to create the best Compute offering in the market. We have a no-compromise approach to making our technology as high performance and power-efficient as possible, all while being squeezed into the smallest space possible.
It’s this relentless drive to push the boundaries of what’s possible that has led to Imagination powering more than 10 billion of the world’s most iconic electronic devices, from smartphones to smart TVs, from drones to self-driving cars.
We need your skills to help us continue to deliver technology that will impress the industry and our customers alike, ensuring that people everywhere can enjoy smarter and faster tech than ever before.
Hybrid Working Model
Imagination Technologies operates a hybrid working model globally that allows our employees to split their time between attending the workplace and working remotely.
What you’ll be doing
The Senior Sales Manager for East China works and responsible for Imagination’s business in East China region. The successful candidate will drive Imagination’s sales efforts in the region, working directly with Imagination’s Business Units, Solutions Engineering, Marketing, Operations and Engineering groups to co-ordinate all aspects of consultative selling for Imagination’s IP product lines in the region.
- Managing and driving the consultative sales process for assigned territory. - from opportunity identification, through proposal and negotiation to contract closure - to achieve the annual sales budget, in conjunction with the relevant Imagination stakeholders
- Developing and managing ever closer relationships at East China accounts, and ensuring these relationships are continuously serviced, both personally and by Imagination colleagues
- With the support of the Imagination organisation, develop winning account strategies to ensure a mutual win:win scenario that leads to repeat business
- Regular internal reporting of account status including use of appropriate account management tools
- Ensure that the value proposition of Imagination’s solutions are appropriately communicated to accounts and any objections dealt with in an effective and timely manner
- Improve customer and territory coverage by qualifying and visiting more customers, exploring more market application, creating more business opportunity with support from BU and local support team
- Attendance at relevant exhibitions, conferences and shows, with a view to maximising the opportunities to extend current and develop new customer relationships
- Advise the internal Engineering, Business Unit and Marketing teams on customer feedback, market input and positioning
- Provide feedback on required collateral and demonstration enhancements, ensuring effective and compelling promotion to accounts
- Communicate with other global sales team members to share best practise and coordinate global accounts
- Regular travel to liaise with customers and prospects & quarterly trips to the UK and the USA for sales conferences, training after pandemic, etc.
Who you are
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world-class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working alongside a wide range of internal teams and being able to develop excellent external senior/executive level relationships
- An understanding of customer decision-making process
- A thorough understanding of the overall consultative selling process
- A solid understanding of the semiconductor value system, including IP vendors, chip companies, OEMs/ODMs and ecosystem partners
- An understanding of IP licensing business and chip product development process
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and compellingly with both technical & non-technical groups
You might also have:
- More than 8 years post graduate experience in the electronics/semiconductor industry, and 5 years’ sales or pre-sales experience with a demonstrable track record;
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Market analysis
- Good knowledge, at the system-level, of one application segment
Who do you want to be?
Do you dare to think big? Do you want to change the status quo and speak up when you see how there’s a better way of doing things? We listen, we’re supportive and we’re open to new ideas. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
We will value you
At Imagination, clear and shared values are important to us. They are the foundation on which everything else is built. We have five core values that underpin our culture and the way we work together, both as colleagues and as business partners. We believe in these values and are committed to putting them at the heart of everything we do.
Our values are:
For more information on what these values mean to us visit imaginationtech.com/company
Why not join us?
Contact Stella.Xu@imgtec.com to send in your CV.
Diversity and inclusion
Our headquarters are based in the UK, but we have a global outlook. We have office locations around the world to attract the most talented technical minds and to support key regional markets in the best way possible. Across our divisions, we employ specialists from over 40 nationalities who are passionate about their craft and the industry we’re in.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.