Position: Junior/Senior/Principal Application Engineer - SW
Work type: Experienced Professional
Locations: Shanghai, China
Who we are
At Imagination, we love innovating.We spend our time creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core ofyour favourite electronic products, and we are expanding our IP portfolio toinclude RISC-V CPUs as part of our efforts to create the best Compute offeringin the market. We have a no-compromise approach to making our technology ashigh performance and power-efficient as possible, all while being squeezed intothe smallest space possible.
It’s this relentless drive to pushthe boundaries of what’s possible that has led to Imagination powering morethan 10 billion of the world’s most iconic electronic devices, from smartphonesto smart TVs, from drones to self-driving cars.
We need your skills to help uscontinue to deliver technology that will impress the industry and our customersalike, ensuring that people everywhere can enjoy smarter and faster tech thanever before.
Hybrid Working Model
Imagination Technologies operates a hybrid working model globally that allows our employees to split their time between attending the workplace and working remotely.
What you’ll be doing
This Senior Applications engineer role supports Imagination's customers in the design of their products that utilize Imagination’s processor cores.
You will join a highly motivated and knowledgeable team of software and hardware engineers dedicated to delivering world class customer service and technical knowledge to leading technology companies around the world.
After an initial training period youwill be responsible for key customers, alongside other team members, in a dynamically changing landscape, adapting to customer issues and creating potential solutions.
- Guide and support customers through their product development, from the excitement of first-time power up, through debugging, to final production
- Work with high profile customers (and their customers) on impactful and market leading projects, including issues with the addition of new features, applications and performance analysis
- Take ownership of our key software products (e.g. graphics processors) and provide expertise of the technical details and implementation of these products to other members of the team
- Create documentation and train customers in the use of product deliverable, such as our graphics development kit and coding techniques
- Discuss and provide solutions for customer issues covering quality assurance, stability, performance, the running of applications, operating systems and more
- Provide analysis to the customer to investigate issues, find root causes and provide create solutions
- Be part of the requirements gathering project when working with customers in a pre-sales capacity
- Help to improve product quality
Who you are
Committed to making your customers,stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator,listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Industry experience with 3D graphics standard APIs e.g. OpenGL ES/OpenCL/Vulkan
- Interest in video-game technology
- Skill of software debugging and validation for games / applications on modern operating systems, such as Linux and Android
- Software and hardware aspects of graphics architectures
- Device drivers within high level operating systems
- The ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form
- Excellent problem-solving skills
You might also have
Experience of programming in low level languages such as C/C++ from a previous job, academia or personal projects
Working directly with third parties either as a supplier or a customer
Who do you want to be?
Do you dare to think big? Do you want to change the status quo and speak up when you see how there’s a better way of doing things? We listen, we’re supportive and we’re open to new ideas.Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
We will value you
At Imagination, clear and sharedvalues are important to us. They are the foundation on which everything else isbuilt. We have five core values that underpin our culture and the way we worktogether, both as colleagues and as business partners. We believe in these values and are committed to putting them at the heart of everything we do.
Our values are:
For more information on what these values mean to us visit
Why not join us?
Contact Stella.Xu@imgtec.com to send in your CV.
Diversity and inclusion
Our headquarters are based in the UK, but we have a global outlook. We have office locations around the world to attract the most talented technical minds and to support key regional markets in the best way possible. Across our divisions, we employ specialists from over 40 nationalities who are passionate about their craft and the industry we’re in.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex,sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.