Position: Senior Pre-Sales Applications Engineer
Location: China Shanghai
Who we are
At Imagination, we love innovating. We spend our time creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core of your favourite electronic products. We have a no-compromise approach to making our technology as high performance and power-efficient as possible, all while being squeezed into the smallest space possible.
It’s this relentless drive to push the boundaries of what’s possible that has led to Imagination powering more than 10 billion of the world’s most iconic electronic devices, from smartphones to smart TVs, from drones to self-driving cars.
We need your skills to help us continue to deliver technology that will impress the industry and our customers alike, ensuring that people everywhere can enjoy smarter and faster tech than ever before.
What you’ll be doing
Our broad range of silicon IP (intellectual property) includes the key processing blocksneeded by our customers to create the Systems on Chips (SoC) that power electronic devices.
The Applications Engineering team works with all of Imagination’s customers to ensure that they receive the support and advice they need to make best use of Imagination’s IP cores and technologies. Working with some of the most advanced SOC design teams in the world, the Customer Engineering team is at the heart of delivering great support to all of Imagination’s many partners.
- Working directly with potential and existing customers to understand their system and requirements.
- Guiding customers on PowerVR GPU and NNA IP selection to meet requirements.
- Supporting the local sales team by driving the pre-sales technical support towards deal closure, including early-stage technical promotion, onsite technical evaluation and demonstration.
- Supporting benchmarking and competitive analysis
- Help developing strategies and tactics to penetrate specific customers/applications
Who you are
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world-class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- 7yrs(5yrs for master’s degree) experience in semiconductor system design, proficient within GPU or AI processor or SoC design
- Demonstrable experience of IP selection, design, verification and tape out process
- Able to set up embedded system(FPGA/DVB/Device) like GPU/NNA demo and measurement on-site, trouble shooting capability to make sure all in best.
- Proven capability on neural network related IP evaluation, common NN network know how and high level knowledge on NN layer design
- Background of pro-active problem solving, able to overcome a variety of issues
- Person who has profound software capability in Vision or GPU embedded system with knowledge of SoC design and related process is considered as well
- Customer-faced experience is required
- Good written and spoken English language
You might also have
- In-depth knowledge of one segment market, demonstrating system-level expertise
- In-depth knowledge of a relevant segment market, demonstrating related expertise
- Able to do on-site optimization of customer’s benchmark and proactively get the best performance by issue solving
- Capability on catching up with new technology in AI world
- New technical trends knowledge and insight
Candidates should expect to be on-site long periods, mostly in Mainland China with some international travel.
Who do you want to be?
Do you dare to think big? Do you want to change the status quo and speak up when you see how there’s a better way of doing things? We listen, we’re supportive and we’re open to new ideas. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
We will value you
At Imagination, clear and shared values are important to us. They are the foundation on which everything else is built. We have five core values that underpin our culture and the way we work together, both as colleagues and as business partners. We believe inthese values and are committed to putting them at the heart of everything we do.
Our values are:
For more information on what these values mean to us visit imaginationtech.com/company
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Why not join us?
Just click the ‘Apply’ button under below link, to send in your CV.
Or contact email@example.com to send in your CV.
Diversity and inclusion
Our headquarters are based in the UK, but we have a global outlook. We have office locations around the world to attract the most talented technical minds and to support key regional markets in the best way possible. Across our divisions, we employ specialists from over 40 nationalities who are passionate about their craft and the industry we’re in.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
Working during the Pandemic
The Imagination team throughout the world are maintaining business as usual, albeit with most of us working remotely. If you have specific questions or concerns related to Imagination and remote working please get in touch.