Position: Senior Field Application Engineer
Location: China Shanghai
Who we are
At Imagination, we love innovating. We spend our time creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core of your favourite electronic products. We have a no-compromise approach to making our technology as high performance and power-efficient as possible, all while being squeezed into the smallest space possible.
It’s this relentless drive to push the boundaries of what’s possible that has led to Imagination powering more than 10 billion of the world’s most iconic electronic devices, from smartphones to smart TVs, from drones to self-driving cars.
We need your skills to help us continue to deliver technology that will impress the industry and our customers alike, ensuring that people everywhere can enjoy smarter and faster tech than ever before.
What you’ll be doing
Our broad range of silicon IP (intellectual property) includes the key processing blocks needed by our customers to create the Systems on Chips (SoC) that power electronic devices.
The Applications Engineering team works with all of Imagination’s customers to ensure that they receive the support and advice they need to make best use of Imagination’s IP cores and technologies. Working with some of the most advanced SOC design teams in the world, the Customer Engineering team is at the heart of delivering great support to all of Imagination’s many partners.
- Be responsible for providing on-site implementation support for Imagination’s IP
- Have a thorough understanding of SoC implementation
- Enjoy working remotely on-site for extended periods
- Embrace problem solving and desire continued learning and personal development
- Assist with the creation of physical design RTL2GDSII reference kits (DOKs)
- Provide feedback into design teams to help ensure IP performs to the expected standard.
- Create and deliver training
- Assist with Pre-sales benchmarking
Who you are
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world-class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Hands-on layout experience using market leading Place and Route tools
- Some experience with running physically aware Synthesis using DCT, DCG, RC or Genus
- Understanding of basic DFT methodologies including Test Compression and BIST
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously and as a self-starter
- Experience in working to deadlines whilst maintaining high standards
- The ability to influence others are personable
- Proficiency in problem solving/Analysis
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to work with multiple teams within Imagination to ensure customer success
You might also have:
- Some experience in Static Timing Analysis in Primetime
- Proficiency knowledge in VHDL with some HDL design experience
- Experience in low-power management techniques
- Experience of hierarchical synthesis flows
- MBIST, Test compression implementation experience
- Experience of 3D Graphics
- Experience in creation customer Tcl procedures for DC/PT
Candidates should expect to be on-site long periods, mostly in Mainland China with some international travel.
Who do you want to be?
Do you dare to think big? Do you want to change the status quo and speak up when you see how there’s a better way of doing things? We listen, we’re supportive and we’re open to new ideas. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
We will value you
At Imagination, clear and shared values are important to us. They are the foundation on which everything else is built. We have five core values that underpin our culture and the way we work together, both as colleagues and as business partners. We believe in these values and are committed to putting them at the heart of everything we do.
Our values are:
For more information on what these values mean to us visit imaginationtech.com/company
Why not join us?
Just click the ‘Apply’ button under below link, to send in your CV.
Or contact email@example.com to send in your CV.
Diversity and inclusion
Our headquarters are based in the UK, but we have a global outlook. We have office locations around the world to attract the most talented technical minds and to support key regional markets in the best way possible. Across our divisions, we employ specialists from over 40 nationalities who are passionate about their craft and the industry we’re in.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
Working during the Pandemic
The Imagination team throughout the world are maintaining business as usual, albeit with most of us working remotely. If you have specific questions or concerns related to Imagination and remote working please get in touch.