Imagination：Solutions Engineer - China
Group: Sales & Business Development, Technology Division
Imagination Technologies, one of the World’s leading technology companies, develops and licenses innovative and market-driving semiconductor intellectual property (IP) cores and system-on-chip (SoC) platform solutions. The sheer breadth of technologies and markets it addresses involves working with some of the biggest and best semiconductor, consumer electronics, multimedia and App content developers and industry partners in the world. Our technologies feature in many of the world’s most exciting products, from the latest smartphones, tablets and consumer products to the future wireless home, connected multimedia-rich cars and beyond. Imagination’s sales and business development group is responsible for all aspects of licensing, including prospecting, technical promotion and account management. These activities, combined with the nature of leading-edge technology, make the work uniquely challenging, varied and stimulating.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) drives the pre-sales technical engagement with local customers across all of Imagination’s IP product lines. The SE works very closely with the local account management team and colleagues from the global business development, technology marketing and segment marketing teams.
Manager of Solutions Engineering, with matrix reporting into the China sales manager for local day-to-day activities.
Occasional (1-2 times/yr) long-haul travel to the UK/US for meetings and training. Regular short-haul travel to customers, key partners, trade shows and conferences.
Be a key member of the team that converts compelling, inimitable value propositions into sustainable long-term revenue streams through adoption by the World’s leading chip companies and OEMs, making Imagination the envy of the global technology industry.
As part of a team of experienced, accomplished professionals, you will be working with a range of customers, from early stage start-ups through to leading blue chips, collaborating with local sales to close agreements. Working as a part of a team, you will have the following responsibilities:
● Working directly with potential and existing customers to understand their system and requirements.
● Guiding the customer’s PowerVR multimedia, MIPS CPU and Ensigma communications IP selection to meet these requirements.
● Supporting the local sales team by driving the pre-sales technical support towards deal closure, including onsite evaluation and demonstrations.
● Supporting benchmarking and competitive analysis
● Help develop strategies and tactics to penetrate specific customers/applications
● 10yrs experience in semiconductor system design, proficient within communications or CPU or GPU IP
● Demonstrable experience of IP selection, design, verification and tape out process.
● Practical hands-on involvement in demonstration and evaluation of systems (FPGA, development boards etc)
● Background of creative problem solving, able to overcome a variety of issues
● Good written and spoken English language
● In-depth knowledge of one application segment, demonstrating systemlevel expertise
● In-depth knowledge of a relevant application segment, demonstrating system-level expertise
● Able to set up WiFi/BT/MIPS/GPU/ISP demo and measurement on-site and make sure that the best performance and outcome.
● Able to do on-site optimization of customer’s benchmark and creatively get the best performance and problem solving.
● Experience in a customer facing role
The successful candidate will have:
● Dedication - a willingness to work from time to time over extended hours in order to achieve goals
● Focus – apply themselves to achieve the results required
● Passion – for excellence and attention to detail
● Ambition – a willingness to work alone and as part of the wider SE team
The solutions engineering team is spread globally across Imagination facilities, reporting into a UK-based director/Manager. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic office environment located in Shanghai/Shenzhen/Beijing. The environment is informal and the organisation possesses a good social scene. The work often entails tight deadlines and the role has a high information load, commensurate with the sheer dynamism of the technology industry.
Bachelor’s degree in electronics/computing or equivalent (required) and a master’s degree in electronics/computing or equivalent (desirable).
business development, semiconductors, IP, CPU, processors, GPU, DSP, FAE, technical support, customer support
▲ 应聘联系方式： Ella.email@example.com Sylvia.Zhou@imgtec.com
- Imagination：Solutions Engineer - China
- Imagination：China Project Manager
- Imagination：JD - MIPS Intern
- Imagination：JD - MIPS Hardware Design Engineer (RTL+DV)
- Imagination：JD - MIPS Graduate Hardware Engineer-2017
- Imagination：JD - MIPS CPU Design Senior Verification Engineer
- Imagination：JD - Solutions Engineer
- Imagination：JD - Customer Engineer SW
- Imagination：JD - Ensigma Business Development Director
- Imagination：JD - Customer Engineer HW