Imagination：JD - Ensigma Business Development Director
Group:Business Development; Technology Division
Primary Location: Shanghai,China
Imagination Technologies, one of the World’s leading technology companies, develops and licenses innovative and market-driving semiconductor intellectual property (IP) cores and system-on-chip (SoC) platform solutions.
The sheer breadth of technologies and markets it addresses involves working with some of the biggest and best semiconductor, consumer electronics, multimedia and App content developers and industry partners in the world. Our technologies feature in many of the world’s most exciting products, from the latest smartphones, tablets and media players to the future wireless home, connected multimedia-rich cars and beyond.
Imagination’s sales and business development group is responsible for all aspects of licensing, including prospecting, technical promotion and account management. These activities, combined with the nature of leading-edge technology, make the work uniquely challenging, varied and stimulating.
We are looking for a highly experienced, results-oriented team player to support the global sales team in licensing Imagination’s Ensigma Radio Processing Unit (RPU) product line. The RPU is a complete, highly autonomous, multi-standard, multi-stream low-power solution for connectivity and broadcast receiver applications, enabling WiFi and other connectivity standards as well as analogue and digital TV, mobile TV, and digital & FM radio reception standards on a single device. The successful candidate will drive all aspects of pre-sales technical support and customer promotion for Ensigma.
China Marketing & BD Director
Regular international travel, averaging three times a quarter, to liaise with customers and key partners, assist with major trade shows, and to attend conferences & standards meetings. Long haul trips are typically 1-2 weeks in length.
Be part of the team that develops winning, inimitable value propositions based on Imagination’s innovative technology and turns them into sustainable long-term revenue streams through adoption by the World’s leading chip companies and OEMs, making Imagination the envy of the global technology industry. Actively lead the Imagination organisation to further the proliferation of Ensigma’s RPU, through both strategic and tactical actions.
The creation (with support from other internal stakeholders), ownership and execution of the business plan for Ensigma. The role will be focused on developing deep long-term customer and ecosystem partner relationships that generate volume business and will require the ability to analyse market segments for attractive and addressable opportunities, devise inimitable value propositions and routes to market, promote them to technical and commercial decision-makers, write business proposals and negotiate as part of a ‘global team’ approach.
Working as a part of a team, you will have the following responsibilities:
● Achieving the product line’s annual sales budget, with support from the organization’s Solutions Engineering, Customer Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Ensigma R&D groups – taking primary responsibility all the way up to and including deal closure
● Drive the global sales team by taking ‘commercial ownership’ of the product line & coordinating pre-sales technical support activity, with support from Solutions Engineering, Customer Engineering and Ensigma R&D
● Track standardisation activities, deployments and field trials globally
● Collaborate with other stakeholders to drive the product life cycle of the product line, including new product definition, solution development - including tools and ecosystem - roll-out and licensing, through to royalties and upgrades
● Work with Operations and R&D to ensure the availability of a full set of product deliverables
● Communicate the features, applications and benefits of Imagination’s solutions to the industry and marketplace, constructively addressing any objections
● Working with others, develop strategies and tactics to penetrate specific customers, market segments and applications
● Deploying soft skills to develop relationships with prospective customers, partners and deepen relationships with existing customers to generate repeat business
● Networking and presenting at relevant exhibitions, conferences, trade shows and industry forums, with the view to promoting the company, product line and developing appropriate relationships to meet the budget
● Regular internal reporting using appropriate company processes and systems
● Provide market/competitor intelligence to R&D, sales and marketing with appropriate positioning statements
● Prepare sales tools, including collateral (fact sheets, presentations, case studies and white papers) and demonstrations in collaboration with sales & marketing
● Communicate with other members of the sales and business development team to share best practise and coordinate global customer engagements
● The applicant should possess at least 15 years post-graduation experience in the semiconductor industry and at least ten years’ experience in technical marketing, specifically related to demodulation-based solutions in at least one of the following application areas: broadcast TV and/or radio and wireless connectivity.
● A thorough understanding of demodulation algorithms and architectures, digital signal processing, performance characterisation, standardisation processes, field trials and test reports
● A solid understanding of the semiconductor value system, including IP vendors, chip companies, OEMs/ODMs and ecosystem partners
● An appreciation of the IP licensing process
● An understanding of the chip product development process
● The ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical groups
● Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work alongside a wide range of teams, disciplines and cultures & to build executive-level relationships
● Good analytical and problem solving skills
● Market research & data mining skills
You will be working small teams of engineers with a wide range of experience levels.
The successful candidate will be:
● A strong team player
● Able to deploy a range of different leadership styles, i.e. coaching, pace-setting, authoritative, etc
● Strong influencing skills, able to develop and manage strong external senior/executive level relationships
● Self-aware and intuitive
● Emotionally resilient and persistent
● Persuasive and assertive, both internally and externally
● Motivated, enthusiastic and results-orientated
● A networker and an active listener, able to elicit information from contacts
● A helicopter thinker – able to move from the big picture to the fine detail as required
● A completer-finisher
● Conscientious with excellent personal organization featuring effective prioritization and time management skills
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic office environment in China Shanghai city.
BEng or BSc in electronics or similar (required) and MBA or equivalent (desired)
Key Words ; IP, licensing, semiconductor, business development, technical marketing, product management, applications engineering, demodulation, DSP, WiFi, Bluetooth, DVB, ATSC
- 2018年蓝牙亚洲大会：Imagination Ensigma无线通信——为高效互联世界提供连接IP的领导者
- TSMC 2018 技术大会：Imagination将展示最新的Ensigma低功耗连接技术
- Ensigma 'Whisper' WiFi低功耗IP架构
- OmniShield™：Imagination 为SoC和系统安全带来的创新技术
- 【下载】Ensigma Explorer RPU数字无线电产品简介R1.0
- Imagination：Solutions Engineer - China