Position: Principal GPU Pre-Sales Applications Engineer
Work type: Experienced Professional
Locations: Beijing/Shanghai/Shenzhen, China
Who we are
At Imagination, we love innovating. We spend our time creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core of your favourite electronic products, and we are expanding our IP portfolio to include RISC-V CPUs as part of our efforts to create the best Compute offering in the market. We have a no-compromise approach to making our technology as high performance and power-efficient as possible, all while being squeezed into the smallest space possible.
It’s this relentless drive to push the boundaries of what’s possible that has led to Imagination powering more than 10 billion of the world’s most iconic electronic devices, from smartphones to smart TVs, from drones to self-driving cars.
We need your skills to help us continue to deliver technology that will impress the industry and our customers alike, ensuring that people everywhere can enjoy smarter and faster tech than ever before.
Hybrid Working Model
Imagination Technologies operates a hybrid working model globally that allows our employees to split their time between attending the workplace and working remotely.
What you’ll be doing
Our broad range of silicon IP (intellectual property) includes the key processing blocks needed by our customers to create the Systems on Chips (SoC) that power electronic devices.
The Applications Engineering team works with all of Imagination’s customers to ensure that they receive the support and advice they need to make best use of Imagination’s IP cores and technologies. Working with some of the most advanced SOC design teams in the world, the Customer Engineering team is at the heart of delivering great support to all of Imagination’s many partners.
You should expect to be on-site, mostly in Mainland China with some international travel.
- Work directly with potential and existing customers to understand their system and requirements.
- Guide customers on PowerVR GPU selection to meet requirements.
- Support the local sales team by driving the pre-sales technical support towards deal closure, including early-stage technical promotion, onsite technical evaluation and demonstration.
- Support benchmarking and competitive analysis
- Help developing strategies and tactics to penetrate specific customers/applications
Who you are
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world-class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- 7yrs(5yrs for master’s degree) experience in semiconductor system design, proficient within GPU or SoC design
- Demonstrable experience of IP selection, design, verification and tape out process
- Able to set up embedded system(FPGA/DVB/Device) like GPU demo and measurement on-site, trouble shooting capability to make sure all in best.
- Background of pro-active problem solving, able to overcome a variety of issues
- Person who has profound software capability in GPU embedded system with knowledge of SoC design and related process is considered as well
- Customer-faced experience is required
- Good written and spoken English language
You might also have：
- In-depth knowledge of one segment market, demonstrating system-level expertise
- In-depth knowledge of a relevant segment market, demonstrating related expertise
- Able to do on-site optimization of customer’s benchmark and proactively get the best performance by issue solving.
- Capability on catching up with new technology in GPU world
- New technical trends knowledge and insight
Who do you want to be?
Do you dare to think big? Do you want to change the status quo and speak up when you see how there’s a better way of doing things? We listen, we’re supportive and we’re open to new ideas. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
We will value you
At Imagination, clear and shared values are important to us. They are the foundation on which everything else is built. We have five core values that underpin our culture and the way we work together, both as colleagues and as business partners. We believe in these values and are committed to putting them at the heart of everything we do.
Our values are:
For more information on what these values mean to us visit imaginationtech.com/company
Why not join us?
Contact Stella.Xu@imgtec.com to send in your CV.
Diversity and inclusion
Our headquarters are based in the UK, but we have a global outlook. We have office locations around the world to attract the most talented technical minds and to support key regional markets in the best way possible. Across our divisions, we employ specialists from over 40 nationalities who are passionate about their craft and the industry we’re in.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.